I buy a chuck tender roast for this recipe and use my 48 pin meat tenderizer before cutting it into bite size pieces. My husband and I both love this version of Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff and it makes enough for the two of us for several dinners. I just freeze the leftovers in 2 person portions and reheat it when I’m short on time or just too sore to fuss over dinner. I simply make fewer noodles the first night and cook fresh noodles for leftover dinners.
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 8 – 10 hours
Total Time 8 – 10 hours 15 minutes
2 pound chuck roast or stew meat
1 medium onion cut into thin strips
1 can (10 ½ oz.) condensed golden mushroom soup
1 can (10 ½ oz.) condensed cream of onion soup
1 ¼ cup sliced mushrooms
½ teaspoon pepper (use more or less to taste)
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, cubed
1 cup sour cream
6 cups (approximately) hot cooked egg noodles
- Pierce chuck roast with a meat tenderizer and then cut into bite size pieces.
- In a large bowl whisk together both soups, onions, mushrooms, and pepper.
- Add beef and stir to coat.
- Pour into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 – 10 hours or until beef is very tender.
- Approximately 30 minutes before the beef is done put a large pot of salted water on to boil.
- Add egg noodles to boiling water and cook until al dente.
- Drain noodles and rinse with hot water.
- Uncover slow cooker and stir cream cheese into beef mixture until melted. Stir sour cream into beef mixture.
- Serve over the hot egg noodles.
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker