I use chicken thighs for this recipe but you could definitely substitute breasts. If you choose to use skinless, boneless chicken skip browning the chicken and increase the cooking time. Because the soups are salty I don’t add any additional salt.
Bam’s Creamy Mushroom Chicken Bake
- 1 (10.5) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.5 oz.) can condensed cream of golden mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 6 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin on
- 1/2 lb. fresh green beans, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Heat large skillet and add butter or oil.
- Place chicken, skin side down in skillet and sear until skin is very brown and crispy.
- Meanwhile, mix soups, milk, pepper, garlic, mushrooms, and green beans until well-combined. Set aside.
- Pour a small amount of the soup mixture in the bottom of a baking dish, reserving the rest.
- Place chicken, skin side up, in baking dish and pour the reserved soup mixture over all.
- Bake at 350° for 40 – 45 minutes or until chicken is 165° or the juices run clear.
I like to serve this with long grain and wild rice.