This is a simple dish but full of flavor and just a little spiciness. The ultimate way to serve this is on a crusty sandwich roll but even just the sausage and peppers with a salad can fill you up and make you happy.
Sausage & Peppers
3 tablespoons olive oil
4 Italian sausage links (from mild to hot, whatever you prefer)
1/2 green bell pepper, sliced in strips
1/2 yellow bell pepper, sliced in strips
1/2 red bell pepper, sliced in strips
1 medium onion, sliced in strips
2 cloves garlic, minced very fine
12 ounces tomato sauce
1/4 cup Marsala wine
1 /4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
Salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat and brown sausages on all sides.
- Remove sausages from pan.
- To same pan, add the peppers and onion. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 4 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add the tomato sauce, wine and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
- Return sausages to pan.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes, until sausages are cooked through.