Pecans are so versatile. You can coat fish in them, use them in breads, on ice cream, and in cookies. But my favorite use for pecans is pecan pie. When I found this recipe for pecan pie muffins it appealed to me for two reasons. One, they’re pecan pie muffins and two a good ‘ole southern gal, Trisha Yearwood came up with it.
I made a double batch and got 2 dozen mini muffins and 1 dozen full size muffins.
Pecan Pie Mini Muffins
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/3 sticks butter, melted (1/3 cup = 5 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray the cups of a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Whisk the pecans, sugar, and flour to combine.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until foamy.
- Add the melted butter to the eggs and stir to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture into the center of the well in the dry ingredients and stir until moistened.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each until almost full.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
For full size muffins line the muffin cups with paper liners and then spray with cooking spray. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.