I’ve been keeping busy for the last few days with projects outside of the kitchen. While it’s been kind of nice not to have to devote a lot of time to cooking I miss the meals. So last night I decided to pull my apron back on and make Shrimp & Mushrooms in Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce. It’s a delicious meal full of hearty flavors that will satisfy any “real meal” cravings!
Shrimp & Mushrooms in Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce doesn’t take a lot of prep work!
Even on the nights when I want a really satisfying meal I can’t always commit to spending a lot of time cooking. I love Shrimp & Mushrooms in Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce because there’s not a lot of prep work needed.
I minced a couple of cloves of garlic. Then I measure out the ingredients for my lemon cream sauce. I use 1 cup of chicken broth, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, and 1 cup heavy cream.
Next I melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan and add the chicken broth. I bring this to a boil and then reduce the heat and simmer it until it’s reduced a bit (not quite half).
When the broth has reduced I add the heavy cream and lemon juice and increase the heat to medium. I cook the lemon creams sauce, stirring frequently, until it’s thickened.
While the lemon cream sauce is cooking I melt another tablespoon of butter in a small skillet. I add the mushrooms and let them cook over medium heat for about 4 minutes.
When the mushrooms are just starting to caramelize I add the shrimp and let them cook for about 2 minutes. Then I add minced garlic and cook it until the shrimp is pink and the garlic is fragrant.
Mr. Comfortable and I are pasta lovers so I always serve Shrimp & Mushrooms in Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce over linguine or fettuccine. But it is great on rice, too!
Shrimp & Mushrooms in Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce
Shrimp & Mushrooms in Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce is a meal that will wow your family but it's easy to make! The sauce is light with the perfect blend of garlic and lemon. You'll get requests for this dinner over and over!
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Lemon zest (optional for garnish)
- Parsley (optional for garnish)
- Add the butter to the skillet then the chicken broth.
- Bring the broth to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until reduced to not quite half.
- Meanwhile melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet and add shrimp. Cook until just pink.
- Add garlic and, stirring constantly, cook just until fragrant (about 45 seconds). Remove from heat.
- Stir in the heavy cream and lemon juice into the chicken broth and increase the heat to medium.
- Cook until the broth and cream mixture is thickened.
- Gently toss shrimp and mushrooms in sauce to coat.
- Serve shrimp and mushrooms over pasta or rice.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon zest if desired.