Since Andi brought me that big bag of asparagus I can’t stop thinking about it. I made Simple Roasted Asparagus the other day but I had asparagus left and still wanted more! Just to jazz things up I listened to a suggestion Margaret from Soul Food 101 and made Parmesan Lemon Roasted Asparagus.
Parmesan Lemon Roasted Asparagus starts with the same ingredients as Simple Roasted Asparagus.
Just wash and snap the tough ends off your asparagus then put the spears in a large bowl.
Drizzle them with a little olive oil and toss to coat the spears. Sprinkle sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, some garlic powder on the spears and toss them to get the spices distributed.
Then pour 1 teaspoon of lemon juice over them.
Spread the asparagus on a baking sheet and shake shredded Parmesan cheese over them.
Bake at 425 degrees for about 15 – 20 minutes. The asparagus should be tender/crisp.
If I decide they need more cheese (and they always need more cheese) I add it just before the asparagus is done roasting. And when it comes out of the oven I sprinkle a bit more lemon juice over it.
Parmesan Lemon Roasted Asparagus is a delicious twist on my simple roasted asparagus. Mr. Comfortable ate twice as much of the Parmesan Lemon Roasted Asparagus as the simple version. I’d say it was a hit!
Parmesan Lemon Roasted Asparagus is a delicious way to serve fresh asparagus. Your family will love the bright lemon and the Parmesan’s nutty flavors. And it’s ready to serve in about 30 minutes!
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, washed and tough ends removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 11/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place asparagus spears in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle sea salt, pepper, and garlic powder on spears and toss to coat.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon lemon juice over asparagus.
- Place on baking sheet and sprinkle with 1 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 – 20 minutes; until asparagus is tender-crisp.