Fresh green beans are one of our favorite vegetables. And I have a lot of them right now. To make things a bit more interesting I made Super Simple Spicy Green Beans last night. They’re always a hit with Mr. Comfortable and I love them too! Anything that takes a “same old” vegetable to the next level has to be good, right?
Super Simple Spicy Green Beans really are super simple!
You’ll have these tasty green beans on the table in record time.
First slice a large shallot into very thin slices.
Wash and trim a pound of fresh green beans.
Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet.
Add the green beans and cook over medium high heat, stirring frequently, for 4 minutes.
Next add the sliced shallots and cook until they’re softened; about another 3 minutes.
Sprinkle Bam’s Spice Mix over the green beans & shallots and stir to coat the vegetables. Reduce the heat to low and continue cooking until the green beans are tender.
That’s all there is to it! You get a spicy delicious vegetable with almost no effort! And Super Spicy Green Beans go perfectly with the flavors of my Maple Balsamic Slow Cooker Pork Chops! Or try them alongside a tender beef roast or spicy ribs!
Super Simple Spicy Green Beans
Super Simple Spicy Green Beans really are simple to make and they take humdrum green beans to the next level! You may never make plain old green beans again!
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1 large shallot, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons Bam’s Spice Mix (recipe follows)
- Bam's Spice Mix:
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon. dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon. ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- Place all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and stir well to combine, using a wooden spoon. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- When butter has melted add green beans and cook, stirring frequently, for 4 minutes.
- Add shallots and, stirring occasionally, until softened (about 2 – 3 minutes).
- Sprinkle Bam’s Spice Mix over green beans and cook over low heat for 2 minutes or until green beans are tender.
- Serve hot.