There was a lot of ham leftover from Easter so this week we had some of my favorite ham dishes. I made the home version of Big Boy Slim Jims with my homemade tartar sauce and tonight it’s Ham with Creamy Fettuccine. I add peas and diced carrots to sneak in extra vegetables.
Ham with Creamy Fettuccine
- 1/2 lb. fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, sliced medium thin
- 1 cup cooked ham, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 3/4 cup peas
- 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Parsley, finely chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Cook fettuccine in lightly salted boiling water until al dente and drain
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add diced carrots and cook until they are tender/crisp
- Add diced ham and cook until ham is crispy but not too brown.
- Add garlic and green onions, cooking for 1 minute.
- Add peas and cook mixture until peas are hot (about 2 minutes), stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in yogurt, milk, and Ranch dressing.
- Using tongs, gently toss in fettuccine until pasta is well coated.
- Garnish with parsley if using.
I like to serve this with a spring mix salad.