Katie from Katie’s Cottage Books nominated The Comfortable Coop for this award and I’m honored. I sometimes forget to finish the awards so I copied and pasted her award so it would sit there, haunting me, until I did it!
The hardest part about these awards is, for me, limiting myself on my nominations. I love your blogs and I think each of them deserves all the respect and attention we can give. Blogging is hard! And you all (not just my nominees) do an amazing job!
This award is designed for people who have a “real neat blog!”
Those participating should ~
• Put the award logo on your blog.
• Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
• Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
• Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
• Let them know you nominated them (by connecting on their blog, etc.)
• Ask your nominees 7 questions.
Here are the 7 questions Katie posed –
1.) What is your favorite genre?
A: In books I’d say it’s history (mostly war history) and mysteries. In movies I’d choose action/adventure, mystery, and some romantic comedies.
2.) If you could spend one day with a fictional character, who would that character be?
A: My first thought was Hannibal Lecter because he’s such an amazing cook but then I realized I’d probably end up on the menu. I’m not fascinating enough to keep him from stewing me.
3.) If you could spend your summer vacation in a fictional land, where would you go for the summer?
A: I would make up my own fictional land as so many of the ones from books and movies have serious drawbacks like things that want to kill you.
4.) What is the thickest/biggest/most ginormous book you’ve ever read?
A: I have a history of the Civil War book which is close to 1,000 pages. I think that’s the longest book I’ve read.
5.) Do you enjoy contemporary westerns or westerns set in the old west? If you don’t care for westerns, why don’t you like them?
A: Oh, westerns! I could watch John Wayne all day! I’d definitely take the old west over the modern day movies/series/books.
6.) What female fictional character are you most like?
A: I think Scarlett O’Hara. She’s a fine Irish girl who finds herself in very unfamiliar circumstances but does whatever it takes to survive and even thrive.
7.) Do you enjoy children’s chapter books?
A: Not really.
My nominations for the Real Neat Blog Award are:
These are the 7 questions for my nominees:
- Is there something that you do that makes you really happy when you’re feeling down?
- Is there someone (real or fictional) who inspires you? Who is it and why does this person inspire you?
- Do you spend a lot of time listening to, reading, or watching the news?
- Are you a night owl or a morning person?
- Do you have any pets? What kind and what are their names?
- Do you talk to yourself out loud?
- Is Jesus your savior?
If you choose not to participate I will not be offended. I’ll still love you more than my luggage!